Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Wrapping it up!

Well, this school year is very rapidly coming to an end...and the life of my 4th baby is rapidly coming to a beginning! Mandie got way ahead on school work last semester, which allowed us to sort of take it easy for the last couple of months. As of now, she has 3 worksheets in math left until she has completed her curriculum...yahoo!! Lord willing, we will finish this week. Then, I need to get her notebook for the year organized and looking nice, I need to organize and pack up our kindergarten books and leftover material for Matthew to use in a couple of years, and I need to get the school room set for next year (I don't actually do school in there, I just organize curriculum and display in there). Overall, I was very pleased with the year, I am satisfied with what Ms. Mandie accomplished...I certainly feel she is redy for 1st grade. There are a few things I wish I could have done differently. One is the alphabet scrap book we are working on, I had intended to do a page a week...that didn't happen, so we will continue that through the summer. Also, I had intended to do an entry in our nature journals weekly, that happened more on a monthly basis. We will continue that over the summer as well. Also, this summer Mandie and Matthew will each have there own little plot of land in the back yard to plant and care for. We are all very excited about that! Other than that, the summer will consist of caring for baby and the pool...yay! I am so grateful that we started on this road of homeschooling! I absolutely will continue next year. I feel lucky to spend so much time with my kids...I hope they feel the same way! I am a bit nervous about adding Matthew and a new one into the mix. I'm sure there will be a learning curve...but I bet we will figure it out! My plan is to start next year a few weeks early so we can take a day off here and there without falling behind. That will just depend on how it is going with the new one, though. Ok, more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment